“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Here are just SOME of our achievements and involvements from the past few years…
- Total of 12 hours volunteering at sports concession stands for The Skills Center.
- Donation of $500 to sponsor The Skills Center Summer 2017 basketball sports league-sponsorship which covers 6 children.
- Provided 200 school supply bags full of school supplies for the elementary & middle school students The Skills Center serves through their free tutoring program.
- Hosted a “What Holds You Back in the Workplace” seminar for Dress for Success, Tampa Bay.
- Worked one-on-one with Dress for Success, Tampa Bay clients assisting them in selecting appropriate interview suits, offices attire and accessories.
- Held a suits, office attire and accessories donation drive for Dress for Success, Tampa Bay. Helped sort out donations, tag and restock the boutique.
- 268 Warm Lunches, Served with a Smile! … Volunteered to serve lunches at Trinity Café, which helps to serve over 400 homeless people daily, in Tampa Bay at both of their locations.
- 320 Bags of Hope Assembled and Delivered…Organized a donation drive to assemble 320 Bags of Hope for the guests of Trinity Café. These bags included various toiletry items, snacks, sanitizers, etc.
- Spreading the Holiday Spirit…Planned & helped execute a Pictures with Santa fundraiser for Promise Love Foundation, which in total raised over $1,300 for the organization.
- 75 Smiling Teenagers …. Brought local businesses and High Hopes members together to plan and host the first prom in seven years for the teenagers of the Children’s Cancer Center. 75 teenagers enjoyed a real prom at the Wyndham Westshore, with catering, limos, professional photography, tuxes, gowns, party favors and more!
- $30,000 and 340 Walkers…. High Hopes in High Heels co-organized the 1st Annual NEDA Walk in 2011, raising over $30,000 for the National Eating Disorder Association. In 2012 at the 2nd Annual Walk, the NEDA Walk volunteer teams were able to recruit over 400 walkers and surpass the fundraising goal of $50,000!
- Girls at Work, Hard Work! … Helped to de-clutter an elderly hoarder’s property by providing several hours of landscaping work. We helped the homeowner avoid a large fine from the city, and while we were working she was able to have a fun-filled afternoon including lunch and a trip to the zoo with one of our members!
- Joy Spreadin’ Through Brookwood… Hosted a fun-filled afternoon of hula hooping for 52 female residents of Brookwood Florida.
- 20 Proud and Confident Fashionistas … Organized a clothing drive for the ladies of Alpha House, and then hosted an afternoon of makeovers and fashion shows for 20 female Alpha House residents!
- Fun in the Sun… Hosted a Fun in the Sun day at The Spring of Tampa Bay for 30 mothers and children who were victims of domestic violence.
- Raising Awareness Across Tampa Bay …Hosted breast cancer awareness events at Florida Hospital Tampa to help educate local women on the importance of breast health. After these educational sessions, several women scheduled mammograms. One attendee did find a lump that was biopsied and luckily was non-cancerous. Another was suffering from breast cancer and was able to be connected with multiple networks of support.
- $1400 for the Pierce Family… Hosted a bowling fundraiser for a local Tampa family and their son Pierce. Pierce suffers from an extreme health condition and we wanted to assist the family with medical bills, as well as raise awareness for his specific condition.
- Back to School Fun… Hosted a back to school carnival for 25 foster care children at Kids Charity of Tampa Bay, complete with a bounce house, carnival games, slip n’ slide and snacks! Each child received a special stuffed animal to remember the day.
- 100 Lunches, Comin’ Right Up! … Volunteered to serve lunches at Trinity Café, which helps to serve over 100 homeless people in Tampa Bay warm, healthy lunches Monday-Friday.
- Tampa Bay’s First Puppy Shower… Hosted a puppy shower to help raise funds and dog supplies for Kids & Canine’s newest group of service pups.
- Find the Heel! … Hosted our first high heel pub crawl – “The High Heeled Hunt” – to help raise funds for the Children’s Cancer Center. Over 100 guests participated in this event and we were able to raise over $2,100 for the CCC!
- It’s 5:00 Somewhere! … Hosted 2 separate “Yappy Hours” to help raise awareness and funds for Kids & Canines of Tampa. Collectively, over 90 people attended these events with their pups and got to learn more about this awesome organization – all while socializing and enjoying some cocktails!